Tuesday, May 17, 2016

June 10, 1999 Thursday

The weather has been perfect, a little cool in the evening but mild 70's every day. Our plans today included La Brea Tar Pits, Universal City Walk, Venice Beach, then down to Laguna Hills. Devin wants to live on Venice Beach, its a cool place. I couldn't believe how the apartments are stacked right up on the beach. We walked down to the cold water but no one felt like a swim! It was 4:30 LA time when we got to Barb and Chuck's. She showed us their 2 bedroom condo in the exclusive "Leisure World" of Laguna Hills. Chuck is a woodworker and has built lots of wood pieces for their home, plus they converted their patio into a family room. It was good to see my cousin, Barb, who was such a comfort to me during the days following my brother, Randy's death and his funeral. She came all the way from Kentucky with her dad, my Uncle Everett, to stay with us. We were near the same age, 14, and so we bonded very well.
 We spent a lot of time in the car the past two days and Glen got us around like he had done it all his life. We returned to the motorhome late evening, ate at Carl Jr's, shopped at the Super K then the boys left us at the campground and drove back to the same area and saw the sneak preview of Austin Power's "The Spy Who Shagged Me."







Photos from Devin here😉

1 comment:

  1. I was excited about going to Laguna because I knew that's where the beehive girls lived... And now I'm friends with them!

    ReplyDelete